Community Access Program
- CAP was developed to provide Canadians with affordable public access to the Internet.
- CAP provides funding to help communities establish and operate public Internet access sites, known as Community Access Programs(CAP) sites.
- CAP provides rural and remote communities with better and more affordable access to the Internet.
- Attempts to make the public aware of its potential for creating jobs and growth.
- Provides the opportunity for communities to communicate, conduct business, enhance job skills access, and exchange information and/or ideas.
- Provides Internet training facilities for individual residents and anyone else interested in improving their information management skills.
- Also, stimulates the electronic delivery of government and other services, and obtaining feedback from other citizens about how they would like these presented.